ALL EXTERNAL EVENT AND WEDDING SCHEDULING ON THE MACON CAMPUS HAS BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY DUE TO A STAFFING TRANSITION. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER FOR AVAILABILITY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE.
Many students, alumni, and community members choose to celebrate their wedding in the historic Newton Chapel, located on Mercer's Macon campus and named in honor of Dr. Louie D. Newton. The Chapel, built in 1894, is known for its center-piece Plunkett-Sewell Memorial Organ, impressive stained glass windows, and its beautiful darkly-paneled beamed ceiling.
Newton Chapel has fixed pews that accommodate roughly 200 people. The wedding rental fee for the Chapel is $750.00 for community members and $500.00 for Mercer students, alumni, faculty and staff.Rentals are subject to availability and, in addition to Mercer's facility regulations, require the adherence to the following:
- No tacks or nails may be used in the building or on the furnishings
- The pulpit and piano should NOT be removed from the stage
- Only dripless candles are allowed in the chapel and are required to be in a votive or holder
- Mats must be placed under candelabras
- Floral arrangements must be kept away from the organ
- Users are responsible for removing all decorations and clutter after the wedding
- No birdseed or rice is permitted to be thrown inside or outside the Chapel.Bubbles or flower petals may be thrown outside the Chapel.
- The thermostat in the Chapel may not be adjusted by the user.The temperature in the Chapel is carefully controlled for the maintenance of the organ
Arrangements can be made with Mercer's Townsend School of Music for use of the piano or organ by calling their Dean's office at (478) 301-5751.
Please contact the office of Campus Reservations at email@example.com or (478) 301-4200 to inquire about Newton Chapel or other Mercer facility availability for a wedding.